Thursday 4 March 2010

Japanese craft books

I don't remember when I first set my eyes on Japanese sewing books but ever since I have been hooked. I am always looking for a new one, something with new ideas and - above all - lovely pictures. The books are so simple and stylish, and the patterns so very easy and beautiful.

This is the first one I bought.



 Girls Style book
ISBN-10: 4579111818
    ISBN-13: 978-4579111817
Paperback: 87 pages
Publisher: Bunka Shuppan Kyoku (March 2008)
Language: Japanese
24 Full-size patterns of girls' clothes (sizes 100 - 140cm tall) 

The book has lovely images and very easy sewing projects: dresses, tunics, blouses, pants and accessories. I made this top (model M) for Emma from a vintage fabric I found from my mother's fabric stash.

 

It was really simple and still I managed to get something wrong: I forgot to attach the sleeves... Luckily it did not really matter, I like this top anyway. Oh, by the way, the hanger is from the time I was a baby. A long time ago.... I got a set of those when I was a baby and love them still. I would like to get more of them, so if anyone knows where to find these, let me know.



Emma liked the top but did not want to model in a picture. Here are some shots I took when we were waiting for a bus - I felt like a spy, since I did not want her to see that I was photographing her!



 
  
 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...