Monday 2 August 2010

Door stop


I just had to make one. I have tried to find a door stop that would look nice in our home but so far I have been unsuccessful. I think people in Finland do not use door stops or something, the selection is so scarce! I only found iron stops in the shape of different farm animals and although I have nothing against cows or chickens, they just did not seem right for our home.



I decided to make a very simple door stop and made a fabric cube which is a bit narrower at the top. It also has a handle to make it easier to move around. I used again some Ikea fabrics: an old pillow cover I had made earlier and replaced since, and fabric scraps from the previous projects: wide black and white stripes and narrow yellow and white stripes. I really like the fabrics, since they match so nicely with the wallpaper behind our dining table (shown in the first picture). I put sand and wadding inside and since I wanted to make sure that the sand would not leak, I put it inside two plastic bags. The door stop really works even though it could have been a bit smaller. Well, the next one will be perfect!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loistava idea!! :D Saisikohan sitä itsekin aikaiseksi, tuollaisen varmaan osaisinkin jopa tehdä ;) kun on suoria saumoja... Meillä ei ovet tahdo pysyä halutussa asennossa, aina ne paukkuu kiinni tai aukeaa silloin kun ei pitäisi.
:)Meeri

Tuia said...

Kiitos, Meeri. Nyt kun toi on ollut pari päivää käytössä, niin on pakko todeta, että se on juuri oikean kokoinen ja -painoinen :) Hassu möykky, Emma yrittää potkia sitä kuin jalkapalloa, mutta onneksi se on sen verran painava, ettei möhkäle liiku mihinkään :D

Minttu said...

Hieno! Mä en jaksa värkätä mutta ihailen sun aikaansaannosta :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...